Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Passport contains in-depth reports on companies, industry, and countries.
It is good for a wide range of topics, including in-depth information on industries and countries outside Europe and America.
If you need any help, click on the Getting Help tab in this guide.
Finding industry and country information on Passport
On Passport, you can find both industry and country information.
To find industry reports on Passport:
- Type the industry and country into the search bar (e.g. ice cream and united kingdom).
- Suggestions will appear under the search bar, in the analysis section on the right side. If an appropriate report appears here, click on it. If not, then click on View All Results.
To find country information on Passport:
- Scroll down on the main page, to the Search Analysis box.
- Click on the Economies and Consumers option from the first drop-down menu.
- Select the desired topic and country from the two drop-down menus.
- Click on Go.
- Browse the results and click on the report you want.
Company Profiles on Passport
Passport contains gobal company reports, which provide in-depth analysis into a company.
To find company profiles:
- Type a company into the search bar (e.g. TESCO)
- Suggestions will appear in the Analysis section, under the search bar and on the right-hand side. If there is a Global Company Profile, click on this. If not, click on View All Results.
- Find the Global or World Company Profile for your company. These will give you more in-depth information than a local company profile.
- Once you are in the reports, download it by clicking on the Down Arrow icon. Enter in your name and academic email when prompted.
Points to remember
1. Always check the publish date of reports and try to use recent information.
2. Supplement business reports with current information from trusted sources like...
- Financial Tomes (FT.com).
- Wall Street Journal (available through Factiva),
- The Economist,
- Bloomberg Businessweek,
- Guardian - Business News.
3. Each database has its own strengths and weakness so use more than one in your assignments.