Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mintel contains marketing reports, trends analysis, and information for a wide range of industries.
It is good for consumer information, market size information, and forecasting.
If you need any help, click on the Getting Help tab in this guide.
Exploring recent trends on Mintel
Recent trends can guide decisions on marketing strategies and which products a company needs to focus on.
To find information about current trends:
- Click on Trend Drivers, next to the search bar, on the Mintel homepage,
- Select the desired filters,
- You search results will appear below the search bar. Browse and click on a reports or articles that interests you.
Industry reports on Mintel
Industry reports on Mintel focus on cosumers and factors influence the industries market.
To find industry reports:
- Type into the search bar an industry and country (e.g. video games, UK).
- Suggested industry reports will appear underneath.You can click on these or do a general search.
- Click on the tabs to expand differents section of the report, the click on the subsections to see that part of the report. .
Points to remember
1. Always check the publish date of reports and try to use recent information.
2. Supplement business reports with current information from trusted sources like...
- Financial Tomes (FT.com).
- Wall Street Journal (available through Factiva),
- The Economist,
- Bloomberg Businessweek,
- Guardian - Business News.
3. Each database has its own strengths and weakness so use more than one in your assignments.