Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
IBISWorld contains detailed industry reports.
It is good for industry reports with an insight into operation conditions, including the supply chain.
If you need any help, click on the Getting Help tab in this guide.
Searching on IBISWorld
IBISWorld contains industry reports that explore that industry's outlook, supply chains, and many other influences on that industry. These reports can help you develop a strategy for a company and explore potential opportunities or threats.
To find industry reports:
- Use the search bar to find industry reports on IBISWorld, either type in an industry name and country or a large company.
- Click on the desired report in the results list.
- Once in the report, you can navigate using the drop-down menus on the left-hand side.
- The menus are broken down into different subjects, for example, industry performance, major companies, and operating conditions.
IBISWorld Database Guides
Points to remember
1. Always check the publish date of reports and try to use recent information.
2. Supplement business reports with current information from trusted sources like...
- Financial Tomes (FT.com).
- Wall Street Journal (available through Factiva),
- The Economist,
- Bloomberg Businessweek,
- Guardian - Business News.
3. Each database has its own strengths and weakness so use more than one in your assignments.