Welcome to the vet nursing library guide. This guide is full of helpful information about the library, its resources and study skills. If you have any questions please email me. Enjoy your time at Middlesex University
On-campus library services during Covid-19
To provide a safe environment, access to all services is by advance booking only:
* Library opening hours: https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/study/library/library-services/library-opening-hours
* Studying in Sheppard Library: https://libguides.mdx.ac.uk/bookings
* Borrowing books - Click & Collect: https://libguides.mdx.ac.uk/clickandcollect
* Book returns and library charges: https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/study/library/library-services/borrowing-returning-and-charges
* Borrowing a laptop: https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/study/it/laptops-for-loan
Gemma Wilkinson and Faith Dillon-Lee are the Academic Writing and Language Lecturers for the School of Health and Education.
Based in the Learning Enhancement Team (LET) in the Sheppard Library, they can help you excel in your academic communication, whether this is in written assignments or oral presentations, as well as using information effectively and ethically in your work. They also teach maths, stats and numeracy skills.
You can also book 1-to-1 tutorials with them, get written feedback on your work or sign up for LET workshops (links below).
If we don't have a journal paper you need then we get it from the British Library, free for Research and Academic Staff. They also lend books. See our Inter library loans guide.
If you think we should buy a book for the library, tell us via the Suggest a book form for your campus.
If you want us to subscribe to a new journal (which can be expensive) please ask your Liaison Librarian.