Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide includes information and links to all Library and Student Support (LSS) services.
Your primary contact with LSS is your Subject Liaison Librarian.
You are automatically registered to use the Library. Your staff ID card is your library card.
Your Middlesex University login is all you need to access our electronic resources.
If you are not able to find the required information in this guide, please:
Use Library Search to find and access quality academic resources.
If we don't have something
Google Scholar search
Google Scholar searches world wide for scholarly papers. Make sure you:
- Set up Middlesex University as your library in Scholar Settings for free access to the Full Text.
- Use Inter Library Loan service to get papers we don't have, free of charge.
- Use Library Search if you need a quick search of the resources we have.
The Sheppard Library
The Sheppard Library is currently operating reduced hours and services inline with government advice.
- Journals, databases, research repository, DVDs, music CDs, e-books and books.
- Special collections, e.g. Fashion items, Illustrated Books, Hornsey College of Art Archive.
- Subject Liaison librarians, your key library contact. We teach students and staff to use library resources, often as an embedded part of academic curricula.
- To contact the Librarians go to http://libguides.mdx.ac.uk and then choose Chat or Ask a Librarian or email your librarian
- Reading lists and referencing.
- Copyright advice e.g scanning documents for My Learning, using images and help with your rights.
Academic Writing; Maths, Stats and Numeracy
Student Learning Assistants
IT for students
IT support for staff
- The University one stop shop for all student enquiries, located in the Sheppard Library.
- Accessible via the internet and by phone: +44 (0)20 8411 6060. Students who need a password reset should call this number.
- All issues are logged to ensure they are routed to the correct people to help.
Progression and Support Advisors
- The team provides help to students to ensure they have a rewarding academic experience, supporting them with personal academic and health issues.
Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture
When to refer guide
When to refer guide
The When to Refer Guide is intended to provide a signposting guide for personal tutors (and indeed all academic, professional service and Students' Union staff) to whom students disclose a need for support. The guide covers a range of the support services offered and focuses particularly on those enquiries most commonly raised by students.
Download the Middlesex University app for Android and iPhone. Just search for 'Middlesex University' in your app store.
Ask us, tell us
Need to know something? Click this to:
Does anything about this guide or Library & Student Support really irritate you?
Email me and let me know so we can sort it out: