This guide includes information and links to all Library and Student Support (LSS) services.
Your primary contact with LSS is your Subject Liaison Librarian.
You are automatically registered to use the Library. Your staff ID card is your library card
Your Middlesex University login is all you need to access our electronic resources.
If you are not able to find the required information in this guide, please:
The Sheppard Library
- Journals, databases, research repository, DVDs, music CDs, e-books and books.
- Special collections, e.g. Fashion items, Illustrated Books, Hornsey College of Art Archive.
- Subject Liaison librarians, your key library contact. We teach students and staff to use library resources, often as an embedded part of academic curricula.
- Reading lists and referencing.
- Copyright advice e.g scanning documents for My Learning, using images and help with your rights.
Academic Writing, Language and Numeracy
IT for students
- IT support to students, for example software use, printing, video/camera loan & editing, wireless.
- For specific help using software, go to Lynda.com.
- Download software for free.
- IT support for staff is provided by other services:
- The University one stop shop for all student enquiries, located in the Sheppard Library.
- Accessible via the internet and by phone: +44 (0)20 8411 6060. Students who need a password reset should call this number.
- All issues are logged to ensure they are routed to the correct people to help.
Progression and Support Advisors
- The team provides help to students to ensure they have a rewarding academic experience, supporting them with personal academic and health issues.
Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture