Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
These are the guides to use if you are looking for specific information or advice on how to use specific resource for your subject. There is one for each subject area written by the subject liaison librarian who is the expert on that topic.
Managing your references: RefWorks
RefWorks is software for keeping track of resources you use, storing PDFs and formatting references. It formats citations and references into the styles required by hundreds of journals using a Word addin, Refworks Citation Manager.
See the RefWorks page for how to videos and instructions.
Get the most out of Google Scholar
- You can set your Google Scholar to link to journals provided by Middlesex University.
- Set Middlesex University as your library link:
- From the Scholar menu go to
- Settings > Library Links > search for Middlesex University > choose your campus > save.
- When you search you will see FullText@Middlesex in the results, for example like this:
- If you see full text at Middlesex you can access the paper.
- If not, use Inter Library Loan to request a PDF copy. This is FREE!
- For more information on searching Google and Google Scholar, see Effective internet searching.
- If you are asked to login, use normal your Middlesex Username and Password.