Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Staff borrowing from the library
- Use the self-service machines on the Ground Floor. You need your id card.
- Staff may borrow up to 20 items.
- Some library material is available only for reference use in the Library, including the print journals. Most journals are now electronic.
- Certain books, DVDs and videos also marked 'Reference' may be borrowed by staff after consultation with the appropriate Liaison Librarian.
Return or Renew?
- Book return is on the ground floor.
- Book return is outside when the library is closed.
- Books automatically renew unless requested by someone else. Renew via Library Search.
- Overdue items will incur charges.
Registering with the library
Library membership for permanent staff
- You are automatically registered with the library.
- Your staff identity card is your library card.
- You need your staff ID card:
- To access to the Sheppard Library and other campus buildings.
- To borrow materials.
Visiting or emeritus or short term contract staff
- Check with your department that you are on the University PAFIS (staff management) system. This controls access to e-resources through connected computer processes.
- Staff can be added to PAFIS even if working unpaid for the University.
- If you are not on PAFIS, then our subscriptions license restrictions mean you will not have access to library e-resources.
Academic staff at partner organisations
- Please contact Academic Partnerships. They will add you to the University PAFIS (staff management) system. This controls access to e-resources through connected computer processes.
- You may only use Middlesex University resources to support the teaching and learning of students on courses validated by Middlesex University and not for any other purposes.