Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Staff borrowing from the library
- Use the self-service machines on the Ground Floor. You need your id card.
- Staff may borrow up to 20 items.
- Some library material is available only for reference use in the Library, including the print Journals.
- Certain books, DVDs and videos also marked 'Reference' may be borrowed by staff after consultation with the appropriate Liaison Librarian.
Return or Renew?
- Book return is on the ground floor.
- Book return outside when the library is closed.
- Books automatically renew unless requested by someone else. Renew via Library Search.
- Overdue items will incur charges.
Registering with the library
Library membership for permantent staff
- You are automatically registered with the library.
- Your staff identity card acts as your library card.
- You will also need your staff ID card:
- To gain access to the Sheppard Library and other many campus buildings .
- To borrow materials.
Visiting or emeritus or short term contract staff
- Check with your department that you are on the University PAFIS (staff management) system. This controls access to e-resources.
- If you are not employed by the university, then license restrictions mean you will not have access to library e-resources.