We mostly buy books, DVDs and CDs from the module reading lists you agree us with, so keep your subject liaison librarian informed of changes that you make.
Reading lists can be seen via MyLearning on each module home page or accessed directly at readinglists.mdx.ac.uk.
All students also receive one free personal e-textbook per module per year via Kortext.
Please remember to:
- Tell us changes as soon as you can. We need to know changes in July for September and November for January.
- Chapters of print books can be scanned and added to reading lists. One chapter per module per book.
- Please remember the average text book now costs over £40, so keep the lists affordably short.
- If the book is for a distance education programme or one also taught overseas, please check materials are actually available as either an e-book or in other countries. Many publishers still do not allow libraries to buy e-books and they also publish different versions overseas.
- If you are doing a list for a validation or revalidation, please make sure it's a list of items you want us to buy, not an indicative list. If you put it in a validation document or in a handbook, we assume it's what you want!
If you need help with compiling reading lists please ask your subject liaison librarian for help.