Hello and welcome to your PGCE Secondary course and library subject guide. I know you will be itching to get started on your readings and finding resources, so here are a few tips to help you on your way:
* Do make use of your online reading list, available via your module area in My Learning;
* Check out Summon which allows you to search across a range of library resources in one go;
* Use the library catalogue to search for books and journals, renew your items and place requests;
* Try Education Research Complete - a database that searches over 2000 journals for scholarly research in to all areas of education;
* Don't forget to make use of your friendly subject librarian! (See box on the right for ways to get in touch).
Cite them right will help you to reference just about any source, and understand how to avoid plagiarism. Make sure you have logged into Unihub before accessing.
SCONUL Access is a scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. To find out more about the scheme, who is eligible, and how it works, click on the link below:
The main purpose of a database such as Education Research Complete is to find references to the good quality research evidence.
Sometimes you will be able to access the article straight away or you will able to find a paper copy of the journal in the library.
However sometimes you will need to order the article using the reference you found on the database.
You can order the article through the Inter Library Loans Service for a small charge (£3) Follow the link for more details.